Morgan A. Welge
Morgan A. Welge
Clients often reach out to family law attorneys as they face some of the most difficult seasons of their lives. Because of that, it is imperative that clients find an attorney that will be an effective advocate that can also guide you through your legal matters with care and confidence.
I was drawn to Jonas Law Firm because of the breadth of experience of our team of attorneys, their litigation record, and their connections within the legal field and community. These same qualities are what provide peace-of-mind to our clients. I am excited to pair my enthusiasm and advocacy skills with the experiences of Becky Yoder and Johnathan Rhyne, Jr. in order to enhance our family law practice.
Ms. Welge grew up in Chapel Hill, NC and graduated with distinction from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill 2017 where she majored in both Political Science and Public Policy.
In the fall of 2017, Ms. Welge began law school at Campbell University School of Law in Raleigh, NC. After her first year of law school, Ms. Welge interned in the felony division of the Wake County Public Defender’s Office. Ms. Welge was selected to join Campbell’s Moot Court team and competed in the ABA Moot Court Competition and National Veteran’s Moot Court Competition in Washington D.C. During her second year, Ms. Welge was a student in the Restorative Justice Clinic, a class representative on Campbell Law SBA, and a law clerk at Edwards Kirby, LLP. After her second year of law school, Ms. Welge interned at the Office of the Federal Public Defender for the Eastern District of North Carolina. During her final semester of law school, Ms. Welge was a student attorney at the Blanchard Community Law Clinic in downtown Raleigh where she worked with low-income clients to restore their driver’s licenses, expunge criminal records, and obtain divorces.
Ms. Welge graduated as a member of Order of the Old Kivett for her contributions to Campbell Law’s Advocacy program. After graduating with a J.D. in May of 2020, Ms. Welge passed the North Carolina administration of the UBE Bar Exam in July 2020.
Aside from practicing law, Ms. Welge enjoys reading, baking, and spending time outdoors with her fiancé, Nick. After recently moving to Belmont, Ms. Welge looks forward to becoming involved in the local community and volunteering.
- Campbell University School of Law, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Honors: Order of Old Kivett
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Honors: With Distinction
- Major: Political Science
- Major: Public Policy
- Blanchard Community Law Clinic, 1/2020 - 4/2020
- Restorative Justice Clinic, 8/2018 - 12/2018
- Office of Federal Public Defender (Eastern District of North Carolina), Intern, 5/2019 - 8/2019
- Wake County Public Defender's Office, Intern, 5/2018 - 8/2018
Fraternities or Sororities
- Pi Beta Phi
- North Carolina Bar Association, Member, 2020 to Present
Current Employment Position
- Associate Attorney
- Family Law 100%
- North Carolina, 2020
- Order of Old Kivett at Campbell Law, 2020
- Book Award in Mediation Advocacy, 2020
- Book Award in Blanchard Community Law Clinic, 2020
- Dean's Excellence Scholarship, 2017 - 2020