- Partner, State Bar Certified Specialist in Family Law
Practicing family law is a 24/7 undertaking. While other areas of the law are static, in family law there is something happening all the time – the parties’ business is either increasing or decreasing in value, the other parent is late bringing the child home, the client is having trouble with the emotions of it all, the bills are not being paid, an argument just broke out. Those ever changing dynamics are what makes practicing family law such a challenge. Fortunately those challenges can be overcome by an attorney with the right blend of experience, training, patience and plain old hard work. That’s what I bring to the table for all my clients and that’s why people hire me to manage their family issues.
For 36 years, the past 23 as a Board Certified Family Law Specialist, I have dedicated my practice to helping families cope with what they never thought they would confront – separation and divorce, disagreements over custody, and family financial issues. Fortunately over my career I have seen it all and helped clients through it all. Knowing that I have helped many before them seems to comfort new clients. Often just knowing that we have the capability to help is the thing of most value.
One important thing that I’ve learned over my career is that an able and experienced staff is just as important as the attorney. I have the best. Rebecca Yoder is my associate attorney and right hand, and is also certified by the North Carolina State Bar as a specialist in family law. She now has seven years of practice under her belt and couples that experience with a keen intellect. She is a very fine lawyer and our clients love her. My clients love my two paralegals. Bobbie Little joined the firm as a high school student. More than thirty years later she has the optimal blend of patience and experience. Brandi Ballard rounds out our team. Brandi has high energy and puts her 18 years with the firm to great use every day.
Mr. Rhyne graduated from Davidson College with a B.A. and Campbell University School of Law with a J.D. He is a former member of the North Carolina General Assembly. Aside from his family and law practice his passion is Davidson College basketball. Go Cats!
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law
- Civil Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified Specialist in Family Law, North Carolina State Board of Legal Specialization
- North Carolina, 1981
- Campbell University Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law, Buies Creek, North Carolina
- J.D. - 1981
- Davidson College, Davidson, NC.
- B.A. - 1977
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Lincoln County Bar Association, Present
- North Carolina Bar Association, Present
Past Employment Positions
- House Minority Leader, 1989 to 1992
- North Carolina Courts Commission, Chairman, 1986 to 1992
- Advisory Budget Commission, Member, 1989 to 1990
- Commission for the Future of Justice and the Courts in North Carolina, Member, 1995 to 1996
- North Carolina House of Representatives, 1985 - 1992, 2009 - 2011
- Phi Alpha Delta