Robert J. Brown
Rob utilizes a practical approach to solving the complex legal issues his developer, corporate end user, and individual property owner clients encounter across a variety of commercial real estate transactions. Rob has acquired a keen understanding of his client's needs and takes a unique approach when negotiating transactions that focuses on creating efficient and prospective solutions to make his client's visions and goals a reality.
Rob attended Appalachian State University, and then graduated from Regent University School of Law, and has been a member of the NC State Bar since 1995. He served in the N.C. Army National Guard for six years and received an honorable discharge after attaining the rank of Sergeant (E-5).
Rob has been a pillar in the community for most of his career. He has served numerous terms as President of the Lincoln Charter School Board, acted as Chairman of the Board of Managers of the Lincoln Family YMCA and Sally's YMCA, and served on the Boards for Lincolnton-Lincoln County Chamber of Commerce, Communities in Schools, and the American Red Cross.
In his free time, Rob enjoys spending time on Lake Norman, and attending App State and Carolina Panther football games with family and friends.
Represents Prestige Corporate Development, Inc., Prestige Acquisitions, LLC and its subsidiary entities in large land acquisitions and mixed-use developments, including the $11 million acquisition of the property known as The Village at Sherrills Ford; and a $7.1 million acquisition of property to be developed into 1,700 home sites known as Laurelbrook Residential Community.
Represents the largest landowners in eastern Lincoln County, including the $19.2 million sale of 11 parcels comprising 604 acres to Shea Homes, which was developed into Trilogy at Lake Norman.
In 2022, Rob represented various Sellers and Buyers to successfully close commercial and industrial sites, shopping centers, and residential and multi-use development projects that exceeded $70 million, including a $30.6 million USDA loan closing for The Foundation For Education and Lincoln Charter School.
- Regent University School of Law, Virginia Beach, Virginia
- J.D. - 1994
- Appalachian State University, Boone, North Carolina
- B.S. - 1990
- Major: Criminal Justice/Political Science
Classes & Seminars
- Home Buyers Workshops, NC Cooperative Extension, 2002 to 2006
- Instructor, Paralegal & Criminal Justice courses , Gaston College, 1999 to 2002
- Lincolnton Rotary Club, 2000 to 2012
- Lincoln County Family YMCA Board of Managers, 1999 to 2012
- Sally's YMCA Board of Managers, 2011 to Present
- Military Service, NC Army National Guard, 1986 to 1991
- Military Service, Honorable Discharge
- Military Service, Rank of Sergeant (E-5)
- Lincoln Charter School Board 2016 - 2022, President/Chairman 2017-2022
- Robert J. Brown, PA, Attorney, 2000 to 2012
- Black & Brown, PA, Partner, 1995 to 1999
- North Carolina Bar Association, Real Property Section
- Lincoln County Bar Association
- Real Estate - Commercial and Residential
- Civil Litigation
- Land Use Planning and Zoning
- North Carolina, 1995
- YMCA of Greater Charlotte - George Williams Award, 2007